Based on the NBP’s objectives and guidelines, BiotechCorp acts as the chief driver for biotechnology development by providing strategic direction, operational assistance for businesses and developing specialized infrastructure.
The Nine Thrusts of the National Biotechnology Policy are:
- Owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated & Federal Lands Commissioner
- Governed by the Biotechnology Implementation Council
- Advised by the Biotechnology International Advisory Panel, both chaired by the Honorable Prime Minister of Malaysia.
BiotechCorp is responsible for executing the objectives of the National Biotechnology Policy (NBP) and acts to identify value propositions in both R&D and commerce and to support these ventures via financial assistance and developmental services.
BiotechCorp’s key mandates are as follows:
- Act as a one-stop-center
- Nurture and accelerate growth of Malaysian biotechnology companies
- Actively promote foreign direct investments in biotechnology
- Create conducive environment for biotechnology